Disability Advocacy Scholarship
This year, The Arc is excited to provide a limited number of Disability Advocate Scholarships to people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to attend our national convention.
Disability Advocate Scholars will have the following responsibilities:
- Scholars must tell us why they want to attend convention
- Scholars must tell us how what they want to learn at convention and how this will help them improve their advocacy
- Scholars must attend convention sessions and meetings
- Scholars must agree to work with The Arc to share about his/her experience at the event and what he/she learned after the event
- Scholars must be willing to be photographed at the event
- Scholars must be willing to engage in social media during the event
Disability Advocacy Scholarship include the following:
- One full convention registration – estimated value @ $275.00
- Hotel accommodations (up to three nights) – estimated value @ $700.00
Disability Advocacy Scholarship do not include:
- travel to and from the event,
- ticketed events,
- food (per diem), or
- daily travel during the event.
We will pick scholars based on:
- What people say about why they want to attend convention
- How people will use what they learn in their advocacy after the convention – whether you are a new or experienced advocate.
Our selection group will include members of The Arc’s advocacy team, national staff, and our National Council of Self-Advocates.
You can apply online for a scholarship here:
Application Deadline: August 15, 2018
Scholarship recipients by be notified on or before September 15th.
If you need help to apply or have any questions, please contact Jenny at Sladen@thearc.org.